We here at BabyGears.com believe in the importance of starting the parenting journey the right way. This is why we try our best to help new parents with advice, how-to’s, tips, and tricks, so that they can grow their little ones into healthy children. We review crib mattresses, strollers, convertible car seats, and more, and select products of the highest quality in order to save parents time in this confusing market.
We also believe in giving back to the world as much as we can, including by helping people who are already growing up!
If you’re a college student with an interest in child development, then this $1000 scholarship is perfect for you.
How To Apply
In order to participate in this scholarship, you must send an essay that is at least 800 words in length, discussing the following topic:
“The Importance of Chores – How to Teach Your Children to Be Self-Sufficient”
(800 words or more.)
To be considered, make sure to submit all these details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your full name
- Your college/ university
- Your area of study
- Documentation to prove your enrollment in an accredited college/ university
- Your article
We do not ask for:
- SSN (Social Security Number) or Credit Card number.
- Home address or your phone number.
We will award $1000 dollars to the applicant with the best essay. There will probably be many applicants, so make sure that your work shines with plenty of examples and a style that really draws the reader in. Your work should also offer some solid advice to young parents.
These are the basic requirements for your submission:
- It should be 800 to 3,000 words long.
- You must submit it in standard Microsoft Word Format (.doc or .docx) or PDF format.
- The essay should be coherent and well-thought-out.
- The writing should be free from grammatical and spelling errors, and the formatting should be readable.
- The essay MUST be original. It cannot have been published anywhere else previously. It must also be your original work.
Your work must be submitted to email@example.com as an attachment (in MS Word or PDF format) by the deadline of Dec. 20, 2017 (annual).
- Please do not upload to third party websites like Google Docs.
- Please do not send us a link to any external servers that host your essay.
- Only documents sent directly to us as attachments will be considered.
All of the entries will be reviewed by our staff of editors, then the official winner will be contacted and announced by the end of the January, 2018 (annual) on our website. We will send the award to your school directly at the beginning of the February, 2018 (annual).
Would you like a hint to help you start thinking about what to write? Consider this:
When you were a kid, you probably hated doing chores. Helping your parents felt like a drag because this was less time for play. As parents, though, we realize that chores are not only important because they contribute to the work that needs to be done in a household, but they can help teach a child how to become a responsible adult through practice. With chores, a child can learn by doing.
As a college student, you are perhaps on the younger side of adulthood, and you might have been living with your parents not too long ago. You may be self-sufficient, but still remember what it’s like to resent housework imposed by others. From your unique “in-between” perspective, what can you contribute to this subject?
Your challenge is to do some research and come up with solutions that could help you when the time comes to take the parental role for yourself.
Students can ask any questions by contacting us.
Note: When you submit an essay, you are granting us the right to publish it online and use it for promotional purposes.